Jim's Original - University Village - Chicago
Established in 1939, when Macedonian immigrant Jim Stefanovic took over his aunt's Maxwell Street hot dog stand, Jim's was the birthplace of the onion-topped Maxwell Street Polish in 1943 and the pork chop sandwich "with the bone on a bun" four years later. Relocated to this site in 2005, Jim's still serves its signature sandwiches 24 hours daily. Carryout only.
There's a second location at 95th and the Dan Ryan in Roseland.